I have struggled for a long time to get TweetDeck to work on Kubuntu. Today I went back to debugging the issue. I did some googling and figured out that the issue is its integration with Kwallet. A couple of google searches later found this link. And now TweetDeck works!
This is how you can get it work.
1. Make sure KDE wallet is running.
ps ax | grep kwalletd
2. Exit TweetDeck if its running
3. Clear the Encrypted Local Storage
rm -rf ~/.appdata/Adobe/AIR/ELS
4. Start TweetDeck and add an account. It will ask permission to access Kwallet. Click on “Always”
5. Thats it! You’re done. Enjoy Tweeting 🙂
Let me know if this works for you.
FYI the different errors that I was getting are:
It looks like your computer is one of a very small number of computers that don’t play well with Adobe AIR
TweetDeck is having trouble accessing some secure passwords that are stored on the machine