Normalize.css is a small CSS file that provides better cross-browser consistency in the default styling of HTML elements. It’s a modern, HTML5-ready, alternative to the traditional CSS reset.
The aims of normalize.css are as follows:
- Preserve useful browser defaults rather than erasing them.
- Normalize styles for a wide range of HTML elements.
- Correct bugs and common browser inconsistencies.
- Improve usability with subtle improvements.
- Explain the code using comments and detailed documentation.